Thursday, October 2, 2014

October TBR

October is my favorite month! The true beginning of fall, color-changing leaves, hoodies and leggings, an excuse to buy more boots... Oh, and my birthday! :D

I wanted to put up my TBR list for October before I forget about it! You'll find it after the jump!




1. The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks

Since this has been turned into a movie that is being released in about 2 weeks, and my rule is always read the book before you see the movie... the logical conclusion is that this is my current read.

2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I don't think I've ever read this. And I need to.

3. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Halloween season is here, so I decided I needed a good supernatural kind of read. I've only heard good things about this series, and I'm excited to get started on it.

4. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Another that I'm ashamed not to have read yet. Going to attempt to get through a few classics before the year is over.

5. Doctor Sleep by Stephen King

One of my all-time favorites is The Shining, and this is the decades-later follow up. Again, I chose this because of Halloween. A good scare is needed every once in a while, and Stephen King is the perfect choice to deliver that.

6. Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham

Lauren Graham = Lorelei Gilmore. I was in the middle of my Netflix binge as I was choosing my books. I was influenced.

7. Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin

I've had this on my shelf since June and completely forgot about it. It's time.


Judging by how well my TBR went last month, I'm only slightly optimistic that I will actually read all of these!

In other news, I am going to attempt to participate in this photo challenge I came aross! You can follow along on my Instagram account, and at the end of the month I'll post them all here! In the past I haven't had the best success with photo challenges, but I'm going to try my best!


No comments:

Post a Comment