Tuesday, September 16, 2014

September TBR!

Happy Tuesday! I'm going to keep it simple today, because there is a huge post set for tomorrow, and I'm also preparing for a job interview!

I wanted to share my September TBR (To Be Read) list with you. Normally I don't plan out what I'm going to read... ever! What I choose to read is pretty random, and depends on my mood and recent purchases! If I buy something I've been looking for for a while, I will read it right away.

So here is what the rest of my September will be looking like:


Not pictured but already finished this month is Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut. It was good, but quite odd! Anyone who reads Vonnegut probably knows what I mean!

I've already finished Eleanor & Park, and it was great! It was my first taste of anything by Rainbow Rowell, and I will say that I'm very much looking forward to reading her other novels! I especially loved that the story took place in 1986, which was the year I was born! 

Currently I'm reading Anna and the French Kiss, and when I'm done I'll move on to Lola and the Boy Next Door. It seems as though everyone on my Instagram feed has been obsessed with Stephanie Perkins all summer, so I finally bought these two copies (see below for a brief rant). 

The Bone Clocks was just released a few weeks ago. I won an advanced reader's copy from a giveaway on Goodreads. If you don't know about that site, go check them out right away! It's a book lover's dream! When you sign up, add me as a friend!

After I read The Silver Linings Playbook a few years ago, I knew I had to read the rest of Matthew Quick's novels as well. He's got a great style and really knows how to tell a story. I was very excited when I found Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock at one of my favorite stores for $5! 

I picked up The Group after seeing it on a few different lists of NYC-centric stories. I love reading about the city in historical novels, and this is set between the two world wars. Also lucked out when I found this at a library sale - only $1!

Last but certainly not least, The Silkworm! We all know this is written by J.K. Rowling under her pseudonym, Robert Galbraith AND it just came out over the summer, which is why I thought I'd have to wait a pretty long time to find this in any used bookstore. But, library sales rock, and I scored this for only $7! 

Sidebar - I'm actually very upset that my copy of Anna doesn't match Lola. I ordered it from a used bookstore on Amazon, and the picture they had up was of the other cover, not the one I ended up receiving. Which means I will end up buying a second copy of Anna when I find it for a reasonable price (yes, I will donate the other copy). Being the nut that I am, it really bothers me when books that are supposed to match, don't! 
Can you see what drives me crazy?
So, what are YOU reading this month? Do you plan ahead, or go with the flow?

Google images




No comments:

Post a Comment